Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 24th

Today, as you are probably well aware by now, is Wednesday October 24th. What does this mean?
Well, nothing super significant, this isn't a specific day to rememeber. However, just a few things have skipped across my mind this week (or so), and I am just now finding time to sit down and write about them.
All smiles
 
October is a month with a lot of significance for our family. Of course 3 years ago, Oct 16, 2009 to be exact, Ava Rose was born. Andy and my life together changed for the first time ever! ( In a very positive way)
 Ava only minutes old
 So sweet and innocent...and quiet!
Ava 3 days old
Can't resist sharing these cute pics anytime I get the chance
 
Skip to Oct 3, 2011...D-Day as we like to call it.
Just 10 days earlier our lives changed yet again, as we were blessed with another beautiful baby girl. However on this date, our joy was cut short as Violet was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. I'm sure by now everyone has read about our jourmey, and been down that road of emotions with us, so to sum it up I'll say it rocked our world.....or knocked us for a loop. I don't know which one is better suited for this description, but you get my drift!?!
 
Oct 15, 2011, just as we were starting to get into a new "Normal" routine for us, we hit some turbulance again! Violet was admitted to the hospital for Respiratory Distress! She was having frightening coughing spells, sometimes lasting more then 5 minutes! It was scary to see such a young innocent baby, (not even 8 pounds at this point) with an IV in her arm, and being suctioned as such. I am SO glad, and SO thankful that it was not worse, because I know how truely lucky we are and that it could have been A LOT worse!
 ( this is where I offer praise for any of you moms who have seen the "worse" You are definetely the rocks of your families for a reason)
Violet 3 weeks old
Violet was hospitalized for 7 days, 6 nights,Saturday to Friday afternoon. The day she was admitted happened to be the day before Ava's 2nd birthday, and of course also the day before Ava's party :(
Luckily, like most 2 year olds, she can't really tell her days apart yet, so we just kept telling her that her birthday party was Sunday, and celebrated the next week instead. She had no clue, and I'm confident she'll grow up without any scars from that incident.
What was harder then I imagined was the seperation for that week.We were being told Vi needed her first "clean -out " and she'd be in there anywhere from 10-14 days!!! I had never been away from Ava for more then a night, and just talking about leaving her for that long brought tears to me eyes! Of course I had to stay with Violet, because I was nursing her every 2ish hours at that point, and plus she needed her mommy there as much as possible. I knew Ava would need me too, after all she'd had me to herself for the 1st 23 months of her life! While I was busy dwelling on what a struggle this would be for me, I totally forgot to think about Ava's feelings. She got to spend a few nights with her Mimi and Papa and a lot of nights at home sleeping with her Daddy, so it seemed like she was adapting alright. Then it became apparent there was a problem..... Ava was beginning to ask more and more questions, and wanted to know where her baby sister was and what was happening to her.
So Mimi brought her up to have lunch with me and check in on her baby sister. She had to wear a mask and couldn't hold Violet, but at least she got to have a quick visit and now knew her baby was okay. After that she only asked another 2 or 3 times when Vi was coming home, and 2 days later she did.
Oct 16, 2012 Ava's 3rd birthday! Violet of course couldn't be at her party with all the kids, but she got to watch her blow out candles and open presents on her actual birthday. Having her home with us this year was a gift in itself!
 
Ava opening a present
Notice Vi in the background blowing her nose with the wipes she stole...
Birthday girl
2 peas in a pod
Oct 23, 2012  Violet turned 13 months old! This means she is officially older then 1! As Ava would say Violet is " a TODDLER Mommy, not a little baby"
I don't know how many other moms do this, but until they are like 2 1/2, I always tell their age in months...Like right now the girls are 13 mos and 3 years old. I feel like this helps keep them younger, at least for a while!
Oct 31, 2012  We are looking forward to Halloween. To get into the spirit we put this massive kitty up yesterday...Ava is obsessed with it, and names it Puss (from Puss and Boots)
Watching it inflate...
Ta-Da!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment