Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The FINAL Verdict is...

And the verdict is....... As you can see the suspense has been getting to all of us.
The loooooong holiday weekend came and went with some fun family times.  Saturday I took Kylie and Ava to the lake for some daddy time and mommy stayed home with Vivi.  On Labor Day Ellissa and I took Kylie and Ava to Columbus for their twin cousins' birthday party while Mimi Bonnie watched Violet (Thank you Mimi).  As usual we had a great time seeing everyone and letting Ava play with her cousins.  Kylie is growing up so fast and Ava is a wild woman. Always trying to steal the other kids toys.  I recall her saying "I take this giraffe home with me.  It's just one toy."  (Something Connor had just opened)
Finally, with minimal sleep Monday night Tuesday morning arrived.  This time I can't wait until 11am for the results.  I text Ellissa at 9:15am asking if there is a message or any phone calls from the clinic.  "No" she says "no news."  With that I decide to call myself.  They must be busy after holiday weekends because I waited for several minutes before I finally got through.  I gave the nurse my information and she says that the only thing on the electronic results are the same as what they said Friday.  The culture showed few staph with few lactose fermenting rods. " But no Pseudomonas" I said and she responded "It looks good but we have to let the doctors look at it before we say your in the clear."  "Great" I'm thinking, another day of waiting.  Ellissa waited until 11:30 and called the office.  The doctors still hadn't been able to view the results.  After a couple mental breakdowns the clinic called back at 5pm with the good news.  We are good to go the results looked good no hospital stay this time just a normal check up at the end of the month.  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!
Violet jumping for joy
Ava doing her Victory dance
We dodged the bullet this time. Lets hope that everything stays clear for a long long time.  Thank you everyone for all of the kind words and thoughtful prayers! We appreciate everyone's concern!
Talk to all of you soon.
~Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment