Monday, February 18, 2013

The cloud has lifted

I think the cloud has finally lifted! Dare I say it, everyone is back to par. We are once again a healthy household! ( I even escaped without becoming a victim..knock on wood)
Reading in bed

Violet finished her antibiotic today, and has a follow up appointment to confirm her recovery tomorrow. Her fever and runny nose are long gone, and her cough is minimal. Hoping for good news tomorrow!I have a long day of precepting and class tomorrow, so Andy is staying home and taking over the reigns. Daddy daycare, and operation take Violet to the doctor will be in full effect!

 Both pretending to be babies
Fast Asleep

While I am a tad nervous that I will be missing the appointment, I am also anxious for the outcome. Of course I  have written down what to ask and what to tell the doctor, even though Andy is fully capable of answering himself. The last 3 months or so of appointments have not gone well. The same thing happens every time we go to the pediatrician, the clinic and the worst in the ER. Violet is fine in the waiting room, but as soon as someone comes at her with a stethoscope, or dares to put her on a scale she loses it, and everything else is just a struggle. She is even hysterical now as soon as the visiting nurse gets here, before the shot is in plain sight.I know it is frustrating all around, for her, for me, for the nurses and doctors, and the most frustrating part is that I am aware there is no way anyone is getting a clear listen to her lungs and heart. So I'm hoping maybe it's just me and things will be completely different when daddy's with her.

Cheeeeeese!!

No comments:

Post a Comment