Monday, August 20, 2012

My how you've grown



Violet 8 days old, Ava 23 months

Today Ava asked me if I went to high school or college or both.
 Now where she'd hear something like that, or if she even knows what she's talking about I'm not sure. She definitely never ceases to amaze me. I swear she is 2 going on 16, and it made me realize just how much she has grown in the the last year. We've all grown a lot. We've moved into a new house, in a new city, we've gotten life changing news, had some rather scary moments,and a lot of really exciting experiences. How come I am just recently noticing how much my first baby has grown?
This is Ava last year, such a baby face still

And now, so grown up!

She is 38 inches of girly girl, in fact an hour after I took this pic she took  this shirt off because it was blue and " not a girl shirt". She loves to play with Tinkerbell and all the fairies, the Disney princesses, My Little Ponies and anything to do with ballet. Most importantly, she is a GREAT big sister. When Violet cries, 8 times out of 10 Ava is the first one trying to comfort her. Those other 2 times, she could possibly be the reason for the crying, but that's not too often anymore.
 At first with as much time as I was spending nursing, feeding, changing Violet and doing her treatments, I often wondered if Ava felt neglected. This always happened to be the times she would need a drink, or have an accident, so I knew she was getting jealous.I soon found it helpful to put on a movie or a show for her during treatments, and she'd play her leap pad or read books to keep herself busy. It took a while but she learned Violet needed this special attention, and when Vi naps she gets special time with me as well. In my head it all makes sense, but to a 2, almost 3 year old, I doubt she really understands...could she? Or did she just give up on trying to get my attention during those moments?

 Her protector since Day 1
 Ava was so happy to see her little sissy after she was in the hospital for a week. We didn't take Ava up to see her for many reasons, but she asked about her everyday!
 She can't wait to wake her up in the morning, and strangely has never once complained if Vi wakes her up

All 3 girls, Spring 2012
Ava has learned to be a great big sister from her own big sister, and of course Kylie is an expert!

And of course someone else has changed a LOT since last September as well....
Our delicate flower, Violet Jane, less then 24 hours old
 Going home, 3 days old
 5 days old
 8 days old, 1st professional photo shoot
 3 months old
 4 months old

6 months old, sitting up like a champ

9 months old
Today, almost 11 months old
28 inches long, big foot ( size 4 shoes)always smiley, babbling away, learning to play peek-a-boo and clapping. She has been crawling like crazy, but hesitant to walk, yet makes a break for the stairs any chance she gets. She is the little sister, the youngest of the family and the light of all of our lives. As Ava would say " wittle Vi-Vi"



2 comments:

  1. Aw, I just loved this post. I think that Ava and Lila are in to absolutely the same things. :) And I smiled reading about how Ava just seems to know that Violet is her baby to watch and take care of.

    You're raising two incredible and sweet girls.

    ReplyDelete