Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Seperation and Anxiety

A while back I made plans. Then I counted down the months, then weeks, and days. Now folks we are in the homestretch, down to the last 24 hours until it happens (drum roll please) Tomorrow I will be getting on a plane, and leaving my babies for the first time EVER!!!
 

My two sleeping angels
 
 Waaaah. I know, I know, what's the big deal? Moms need me time, so I've hear.How sad  glad surprising that in over 3 years I have never gone more then 24 hours without seeing Ava, and barely more then 12 hours without seeing Violet?!?
 
My mom and I will be going to an important CF conference, stacked with doctors, nurses, other CF families, and tons of valuable information. It's  definitely not like the Spring Break trips I took 10 years ago, (Before Kids) but it exciting for me in a new way. I'm sure I will enjoy my time and get a lot out of the trip, yet I can't shake this strange feeling I have. 
Guilt? Anxiety? Stress? Possibly excitement?
Whatever the feeling, it is not one I can accurately explain. As strange as that sounds a loud, maybe someone can relate? Any hands out there?
 
Anxiety, yes, Stress, sure, but why? It's 2 nights, and yet maybe deep down I'm feeling like I'll miss out on something. (Over protective, ok I'll admit it)What if the girls miraculously grow 2 inches? Or start speaking another language? More realistically, what's going to happen if Violet wakes up wanting to eat in the middle of the night? Or what if Andy doesn't hear her? What is Ava cries inconsolably for me at night? Or most frightening of all, what if they survive and are just fine without me?
 
 
I know they can feed themselves, and/or each other, that is a plus!
So even if Daddy let's them stay up late...
 Or lets them play with their food and make a huge mess, especially when it's not bath night!
 Even if for some reason he teaches them how to hunt animals...
 Or lets them draw on themselves and drink juice boxes til their hearts' content.
Even if he lets them dress up like a dog and cat and sit on my bathroom counter...
 
It won't be the first time they've done it!
Most importantly, if that's the worst that happens, they'll SURVIVE!
 
Now it's just me surviving these 2 nights we should be worried about!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment